Sunday, May 31, 2015

#StillHere - promoting discussions about mental health ... AND MY YOUTUBE DEBUT!

DCU breeds creativity. There's not a day that goes by that someone isn't producing a cool show on the radio, or filming for a new viral video. To be quite honest, being surrounded by such creative, hard working people is intimidating, and often leads me to question my own existence. It's also a huge challenge when it comes to my anxiety.

So, I decided to do something about it.

It has taken me YEARS to pluck up the confidence to do something like this - sit in front of a camera and say what I have to say. In recent weeks, however I've found that talking to the camera has been hugely therapeutic.

And thus, Drumbeat Heart, the YouTube channel, was born, as well as the accompanying series, #StillHere.

Inspired by fellow YouTuber LittleKuriboh's decision to document his recovery from depression, #StillHere aims to promote honest, open and frank discussions about mental health, challenge my anxiety and rebuild my confidence. 

Exciting, huh?

All comments, subscribers and feedback welcome! Feel free to get in touch with me on Twitter. 

Check out the first episode of #StillHere below - there's more to come during the week.

Thank you all for being so patient, and I hope you enjoy!


Fionnuala x


6 comments: